[kismac] Re: Insomnia

  • From: Oskar Lissheim-Boethius <avocade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:10:56 +0200
On 7 jun 2005, at 07.45, Robin L Darroch wrote:

I'm assuming, since you refer to "war-walking", that you may have missed one of the important things about the Insomnia kext: it can only prevent your computer going to sleep if it is plugged in to a power supply. If running on battery, the system cannot be prevented from going to sleep (after a few minutes, as you say).

Yes, obviously I missed that. Thanks for the explanation. Darn Apple for not letting me do what I want with my Mac :)

I find for war-walking, a good solution is to carry my iBook under my arm, hinge up, with my finger between the lid and base to prevent it closing all the way. Have done some very successful war- walking that way.

The 15" is quite a big heavier, and doesn't it look conspicuous? Perhaps I could cut off my finger and put it between the base and lid while in the bag. Yes, I think I'll do that!

Yours sincerely,

O S K A R   L I S S H E I M  -  B O E T H I U S