[kismac] Re: Insomnia

  • From: ard jonker <ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:14:56 +0200

At 16:12 +0200 8/6/05, Oskar Lissheim-Boethius wrote:

<<http://www.xs4all.nl/~amtha/kismac/chalkwalking/chalkwalking.html>http://www.xs4all.nl/~amtha/kismac/chalkwalking/chalkwalking.html>
Fantastic. But how the fsck do you get 5+ hours? You're on an iBook too I guess? That's the downside off going Powerbook 15"... 2.5 hours battery-life at a maximum :(
No, I am on a 15" TiBook. The big thing is to switch off the display illumination. I frequently get 5+ hours of battery life when abusing the tibook as an iPod (I do my language lessons with it) and also war driving on the bike gets about this battery life. Problem is that you never actually _see_ this long battery life, as as soon as you switch on the illumination neccessary for seeing battery life, the TiBook recalculates remaining battery life as a function of the current current, if you see what I mean. Just go for a walk using a script that frequently (every 15 mins) saves the list of AP's and see when your mac dies in shortage of battery power. You will be short of a surprise :-)

ard