[kismac] IRC channel

  • From: Lasse Jespersen <l.j@xxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:26:04 +0200

I noticed that kismac's mailinglist now has quite a few subscribers. I propose that we start an irc channel ... somewhere. A good place would be irc.0x333.net, which supports SSL, for those of us who like to irc from public hotspots. Anyone who'd be interested in this? The author of kismac might be taking a break, but I'd certainly find it interesting to discuss various aspects of kismac and 802.11abcdefgblabla with likeminded individuals - in realtime.

in irssi, you can connect and join to 0x333 #kismac with:

/connect -ssl irc.0x333.org
/join #kismac

This server offers full anonymity, and is pretty stable..

You can download irssi from www.irssi.org, but you need the developer tools to compile it.
An alternative is to download irssi from http://macosx.forked.net, but their precompiled version doesnt support ssl ( what doth it matter ). In that case, /connect irc.0x333.org is enough.

I am in said irc channel now.

/Lasse