[kismac] Re: IRC channel

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:12:09 +0200

I noticed that kismac's mailinglist now has quite a few subscribers. I
propose that we start an irc channel ... somewhere. A good place would
be irc.0x333.net, which supports SSL, for those of us who like to irc
from public hotspots.

An alternate choice would be irc.freenode.net, which seems to be widely used by many other projects I'm aware of (ntp.org, python.org, freebsd, etc...).

freenode.net would be a little more "serious". 0x333 sounds a lot like "31337" ;o)

You can download irssi from www.irssi.org, but you need the developer
tools to compile it. An alternative is to download irssi from
http://macosx.forked.net, but their precompiled version doesnt support
ssl ( what doth it matter ). In that case, /connect irc.0x333.org is
enough.

There's also a GUI version of irssi, IIRC. I didn't like it very much, and am sticking with my CLI version.

let the users figure out. small intelligence test like a subscription to a mailing list.

an irc channel is pretty cool for debugging, however i have a problem with the fact that there is no "archive" which can be searched. this probably leads to certain questions again and again.

mick