[kismac] Re: IRC channel

  • From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:54:58 +0200

At 3:26 PM +0200 2004-07-12, Lasse Jespersen wrote:

 I noticed that kismac's mailinglist now has quite a few subscribers. I
 propose that we start an irc channel ... somewhere. A good place would
 be irc.0x333.net, which supports SSL, for those of us who like to irc
 from public hotspots.

An alternate choice would be irc.freenode.net, which seems to be widely used by many other projects I'm aware of (ntp.org, python.org, freebsd, etc...).

 You can download irssi from www.irssi.org, but you need the developer
 tools to compile it.  An alternative is to download irssi from
 http://macosx.forked.net, but their precompiled version doesnt support
 ssl ( what doth it matter ). In that case, /connect irc.0x333.org is

There's also a GUI version of irssi, IIRC. I didn't like it very much, and am sticking with my CLI version.

Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@xxxxxxxxx>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755