[kismac] Re: GPSd handholding

  • From: Theodore <theodore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:42:20 -0600

Basically, I downloaded version 1.10 of gpsd from http://pygps.org/gpsd/downloads/
and compiled it (i've got fink and a whole bunch of developer tools installed, so i'm not sure what else it needs)

I've got a bluetooth gps, so when i fire it up i need to pass the serial port as a parameter:
/usr/local/bin/gpsd -p /dev/cu.gps
(/dev/cu.gps is the name it gave my bluetooth serial device)

If you don't have any luck compiling it, I could post a binary for you to try, but I think it was fairly straight forward.
Something else that may help you test out gpsd is something called "Position" (http://www.gnustep.it/enrico/position/)

If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them for you.

Theodore
http://www.wpgwifi.com/

On 17-Feb-04, at 7:39 AM, Michael Borthwick wrote:

I'm looking for some documentation on getting GPSd running - the utility of which has been amply demonstrated at http://www.wpgwifi.com/
I have no idea where to start - what are the compilation steps and do you run it under Fink perhaps ?

Would be happy to create some docs if someone can get me started.

Really enjoying 0.08a of this amazing software - seems much more stable than the previous version (which was locking up after a second or so).
My omni can see around 30 networks - the traffic display is really psychedelic

Regards,

Mike

Aussie Rocketcam http://holden.customer.netspace.net.au/rocketcam.html
Melbourne Wireless http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/