[kismac] GPS Units

  • From: "John Warren" <xaive1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 18:40:40 -0800

Hello all,
  This is related to the GPS subsystem of kismac.  I have received
two GPS units from a friend.  One is a BU-303 and one is a DeLorme
Earthmate Model 9538 v1.0.  Does anybody know how to get either of
these working with kismac.  Both units work on a windows based
computer.

System:
Macbook Pro 2.16 Intel Core Duo
OSX 10.4.8
Kismac R228 (compiling my own)
by the way, good work on the DWL-G122 on PPC.  I tried it today and it
was grabbing packets.

also have gpsd as created by gpsdXConfig.  Subsystem works with a
Garmin GPS serial device using a Prolific USB->Serial converter.  I've
played around with the settings in gpsdXConfig a bunch but haven't
gotten anything out of it.

Supposedly the BU-303 uses the same Prolific chipset (or at least a
prolific chipset), but I'm not too sure.  This device only shows up as
"USB Device" in System Profiler.

The DeLorme unit shows up in System Profiler as DeLorme USB Earthmate.
And the red light on the unit flashes 7 times and then goes dark.

Thanks
John