[kismac] Fwd: Question about Packets/Weak Packet Rates?

  • From: Max Palatnik <palatnik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:40:08 -0600

Hello to all -

  I used aircrack to crack my airport network using my windows OS
computer.  That was great and fun, and transferring a couple large
files over the wireless definately increased the rate at which I was
able to collect packets/IV's and whatnot.

Now I'm trying to do this with kismac using my powerbook G4.  I'm able
to get in and see the house wireless network, and i see packets, but
here's the thing.  The rate of the packets I see  does not increase as
I transfer more across the network as it did so obviously and
exponentially with the windows based program.  Furthermore, in many
hours of collection I have collected ridicously few packets, even
fewer data packets (a very small fraction of actual packets seen), and
0 weak packets, no matter what.

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, or if anyone can help me with
figuring this issue out.  I did as much research as I could on google
and this listserv before asking but there doesn't seem to be any
answer as of yet.

Thanks to all who respond.

 MP