[kismac] Re: 0.03c released

  • From: Armen Casarjian <armen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:26:45 -0500

        Actually yeah, something is goofing around with mine too... I only
tried wardriving, I didn't actually try using it as a driver.. even
though the SSID names show up at normal range, and the card now appears
in the Network pane (en02), there's something that's interrupting every
two seconds or so. But, I think I'm on to it... With the IOxperts
driver, the link light on the card would blink on and off, going "on,
off, on, off" within the range of a second. Now, With that removed and
this installed, it's acting a little more erratic, there's like an
extra pulse to the lighting. Instead of an even "on, off" it's more of
a heartbeat's type of pacing. Also, with the card very close to a
signal, and the graph the Kismac program has activated and set to
signal, it goes near the peak and then cuts out every couple of
seconds. Looks pretty spikey and consistent. So I guess that can clue
in the programmers, there's something interrupting the scanning cycle
or something of that nature. Lastly, I got online long enough for iChat
to make the "connected" sound, but not long enough to draw up a buddy
list.

Good Luck and thanks for the great program!

-Armen