[kismac] Re: 0.03c released

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:48:57 +0100

Hi,

>       Actually yeah, something is goofing around with mine too... I only
> tried wardriving, I didn't actually try using it as a driver.. even
> though the SSID names show up at normal range, and the card now appears
> in the Network pane (en02), there's something that's interrupting every
> two seconds or so.

you cannot use macjack as a driver (yet). the interface is only there,
because i wanted to add support for a normal driver use later on.

> But, I think I'm on to it... With the IOxperts
> driver, the link light on the card would blink on and off, going "on,
> off, on, off" within the range of a second.
> Now, With that removed and
> this installed, it's acting a little more erratic, there's like an
> extra pulse to the lighting. Instead of an even "on, off" it's more of
> a heartbeat's type of pacing. Also, with the card very close to a
> signal, and the graph the Kismac program has activated and set to
> signal, it goes near the peak and then cuts out every couple of
> seconds. Looks pretty spikey and consistent. So I guess that can clue
> in the programmers, there's something interrupting the scanning cycle
> or something of that nature. Lastly, I got online long enough for iChat
> to make the "connected" sound, but not long enough to draw up a buddy
> list.

unfortunatly i dont have a prism 2.5 card to test, but i ll try a
little more with my wl-100. does this happen in the same frequence,
when you increase the channel hopping interval? or if you disable it?

our paypal account is charity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;-)

>>      Regretfully, I'm still having issues trying to unload the
>> IOXperts or WirelessDriver modules, so that the macjack driver can be
>> loaded.  ;-(

the wireless driver has the one or other problem, that i saw, while
browsing through the code. if i have time i am gonna fix that. so that
it can be unloaded while running. i have no idea about the ioxperts
driver. it seems to be closed source.

have fun

mick