[karc] Re: KITS

  • From: "Dave Casement" <va3dac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:10:30 -0400

Hi Rob,
I am interested as I think this would be a great thing when I travel as well as at home. Let me know the schedule for working on them.

Dave
VA3DAC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valveman" <valveman_6146@xxxxxxxxx>
On 2010-03-15, at 9:55 PM, Valveman wrote:

What is the 80m project and does it come in a kit?
Robert Parker
VE3RPF

On 2010-03-15, at 9:29 PM, Valveman wrote:

Last Saturday at breakfast, I brought two kits I put together. One was a 40m transceiver and the other was a tuna tin 40m transmitter.
These kits were fun to build and work as advertised.

These kits are quite reasonably priced and I was thinking these would make a great club project. If we could get enough interest, I would hold a soldering session to ensure everyone makes a successful kit and learns something more about radio and how they work. It's really a lot of fun making contact with a rig you built. Plus we could hold a night where we can all be operating our kits and have a net. Don't worry about your soldering ability. As with the last project the club was involved in, I will be there to help and troubleshoot any problems that may arise.

Have a look at the following website and look at what they have to offer.

www.qrpme.com

Also there is a great little transceiver called the ROCKMITE. I have built one of these as well.

www.smallwonderlabs.com

Please send your comments about my proposal.

Robert Parker
VE3RPF

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.