[karc] KARC Tuesday Night Net CW Practice and Contest

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:34:55 -0800 (PST)

CW Practice and Contest - Tuesday - 18 Nov 08, after the KARC net

If the .94 repeater is free and available after the net, I'll provide a bit of
code practice. If you like, it can be a contest. Just submit your copy to me at
pwsomers@xxxxxxxxx I'll post the submitted copies to the FreeList, together
with the "real" text.

The format will be:

   CW at character speeds of 10, 20 and 30 words per minute, but with extra
spacing between characters for actual speeds of  7.7, 15.3 and 23 WPM

   At each speed, there will be part of a simulated QSO, with callsigns, RST,
QTH, etc.

   There will be a break between each of the three speeds. Overall, it will be
considerably shorter than last week.

... Phil VE3HST

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail.  Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail
today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca