[karc] KARC Tuesday Night Net CW Practice and Contest

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:23:14 -0800 (PST)

CW Practice and Contest - Tuesday - 11 Nov 08, after the KARC net

If the .94 repeater is free and available after the net, I'll provide a bit of
code practice. If you like, it can be a contest. Just submit your copy to me at
pwsomers@xxxxxxxxx I'll post the submitted copies to the FreeList, together
with the "real" text.

The format will be:

   CW at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 words per minute.

   Each speed will have 15 five-letter groups. To make it easier, it will be
letters only, no numbers or punctuation.

   There is a short lead-in for each speed, but only the five-letter groups
count for your score.

   Here is an example (note the first period and the three periods):

   . NOW 10 WPM ... UARCB RPWHB XJMXX RQMYF CAQII BYHNC SRYFQ BHZPF UPPNH JHHJF
DNBFI HBQKL JLDOV KORLT YEEGC

   There will be a break between each of the speeds.

So practice up and get a good result. The W1AW code practice web site is a
great place to get code practice files. http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/morse.html

If anyone wants to try to receive the CW with a computer, by all means give it
a try. If you record it and play it several times to figure it out, then
mention that if you submit your results.

... Phil VE3HST

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!
Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com