[karc] Re: Club Kit Build

  • From: Terry Barrett - VA3KLG <t-barrett@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:13:22 -0400

Hi Robert

You missed one ... I believe I said I was interested and added on I would have to learn code to be able to use it ..
I still am interested in building the Kit

73's
Terry VA3KLG

On 3/27/2010 10:25 AM, Valveman wrote:
It is advantageous that we all build the same kit so we can all follow along
and have similar equipment.
There has been much interest in the 40m Rockmite transceiver kit from Small
Wonder Labs.  The frequency
will be 7.030Mhz.  The great part about this is that we can have our own net
using all the same equipment that
you built.  Below is a list of people who have expressed interest in the kit
building session.  This kit will require 2 sessions to complete.
I high recommend that we all get the hardware kit for this build. The hardware
kit includes a BNC case mount, volume control and knob, function switch and two
stereo jacks for key and headphones.
This does not include a case.  You can however install this transceiver
in any small enclosure such as an Altoids Mint can.

Interested Builders:

Doug RichardsVE3FFR
Phil SomersVE3HST
John TaylorVE3GST
Mike  ConnalVE3MBV
Dave CasementVE3DAC
DaveSellickVE3DZE
Michael TurnerVE3PRW
Ken PughVE3XCT

Ken I do not know when we will start so if we do start before your return we
can work something out to get you going.

If I have missed anyone or if you have decided not to participate, please let
me know soonest.

I will be doing a one time purchase of the transceiver kit + hardware.  When I
receive them, I will be looking collecting money from those who are
participating in the build.
The cost of the Rockmite is $29 and the hardware $14.50 for a total of
$43.50USD Shipped.  This does not include any taxes.  So if we are charged
taxes then I will be collecting that as well.

I plan to be putting in this order early next week.
I would appreciate an offline email from everyone interested in this build to
confirm your participation before I order.
If you are interested and have not yet put yourself on the list, please do so
now. Robert Parker
VE3RPF

http://www.flickr.com/gift/