[karc] Re: Club Kit Build

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

Inspired by Rob's Club Kit Build project, I called CQ on 40m CW using 5 watts
on the QRP frequency of 7.030 this afternoon. I got an immediate reply from
NK8Q in Dans Pulpit, PA running 2 watts with an Elecraft KX1. The frequency was
completely QRM-free and we had a solid QSO for 20 minutes. Any QRM would have
knocked us out, but there was none.

The Rockmite kit transceiver only has half a watt, so it would be more of a
challenge, but it should be fun. So I am motivated to press on with building
this kit. Again, I think it would be neat if several people built the same kit
and we could operate on 7.030 around Kingston.

There are lots of QRP sites on the Internet. A good place to start is the
Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QRP_operation

... Phil VE3HST

Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new
Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at
http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php