[karc] Soldering Tutorial

  • From: Valveman <valveman_6146@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

The following is a good video on how to solder.  For those involved in the kit
build, we will be covering soldering when we meet.  Do not become too concerned
about your soldering skills.  Myself and others will assist in helping you get
the knack.  Those who attended the first kit build a few years ago, quickly
caught onto the technique.
Everyone was successful with their project.  I expect the same to be the case
with this new kit build.  Besides, I'll be there to troubleshoot if any
problems arise.

The Rockmite kits come with very high quality printed circuit boards with
tinned solder connections so soldering should not pose a problem for anyone.

Please watch the following video to get an idea of how soldering is done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NU2ruzyc4
 Robert Parker
VE3RPF

Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new
Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA at
http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php