[karc] Re: Band Plan Comments

  • From: Valveman <valveman_6146@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:37:39 -0400 (EDT)

My comment was  not meant to be negative but a query
as to why we need to change our bandplan!  Are we
changing just because the US changed theirs?

Dave if you have some insight into this, I and most
likely others on this list would be interested into
hearing why the change is necessary.

So far no one has given any reason why a bandplan
change is necessary.  If it's because the US changed
their bandplan, this does not seem to be enough reason
to change ours.

Please educate me as to why!

Robert VE3RPF

--- david Lawrence <va3orp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings All;
>   I am surprised at the negative comments on the new
> Draft Band Plan.  As
> one who uses HF almost exclusively, I find such a
> plan extremely heplful
> when planning on-air events.  This is especially
> important following the
> recent changes to the American band plan on 80 M.
>
>   I can only assume that the comments I have seen so
> far will be followed
> up by something constructive.  Hopefully this will
> be as well
> coordinated with the amateur community, federal
> agencies and
> international community as the RAC draft.
>
>   My momma always said that if you couldn't say
> anything helpful, then you
> shouldn't say anything at all.
>
> Cheers...Dave, VA3ORP

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com