[karc] Re: 135 cm band plan. (222-225 MHz)

  • From: "Carl Austin Bennett" <carlb613@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:25:32 -0500

Phil Somers pwsomers@xxxxxxxx writes:
> If there is a contradiction between the RAC Operating Manual and the RAC web
> pages, then that would be yet another RAC problem. I'd be surprised if one
> ham
> in a hundred has that Manual.
>
> If the online RAC 220 MHz Band Plan (Approved 1997) is wrong on what seems
> like
> a critical issue, then perhaps the on-line band plan should be corrected.
> From
> your information on dates, it has now been three years and two months since
> that change was made. It would seem like such a change could be made on the
> web
> pages in a few minutes. As an aside, I have volunteered to help with the RAC
> web site, but again have had no response.
>
> My original statement was: "The 220 MHz band was not removed and it was not
> lost". This cross-border sharing is for 220 -222 MHz and affects hams living
> within 120 km of the border. The entire 222 - 225 MHz is unaffected and is
> fully available. I suggested we make an effort to try to use it. But everyone
> is silent on actually doing anything.

http://www.rac.ca/service/bandplans/220plan_e.php has the band starting at
220MHz. RAC's 7th edition study guide ISBN 1895400171, page 5-12 published
2007, has "Status: Shared 219-220 MHz, Amateur exclusive 222-225MHz (220-222
MHz removed from amateur service 25 January 2006, notice states that this
sub-band will be available under 'exceptional circumstances' for emergency
communications..." with the bandplan "being revised".

What is the history of this? Was 219MHz ever in-band for Canadian VE3's, or is
this an Americanism?