[KACT] Re: Students and Finals

  • From: <scapes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:37:15 -0600 (CST)

I give a 120-140 question multiple choice final that counts for 10% of the
student's semester grade.  The main reason for the multiple choice is the
short turn around time.  Generally I have to have grades posted the
afternoon after I give my last final.  I give students a review sheet that
has all of the topics covered over the semester (no problems or questions)
and I'll spend at least one class period fielding specific questions from
the students.  Every now and then I'll have students that want to come in
outside of class for a review session, but that is becoming more and more
rare.

Scott Capes
Emporia High