[JA] Re: wrong extension?

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ACCMAIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:29:08 PDT

}Date:    Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:23:19 EDT
}From:    George J Kamenz
}Subject: wrong extension?
}
}I pulled the lines below from something I received recently.  I don't
}think someone was trying to send me a tune and got the extension wrong.
}
}Anyone willing to explain things to me?
}
}
}--Q2E5Gk6c33yMV536Xq

}--Q2E5Gk6c33yMV536Xq

        .pif ???  That is normally a configuration ("Properties") file
for running a DOS program under windows.  For windows 3, you can look at
it with the "PIF Editor" (some thing like "pifedit.exe").  In windows 95
and up, you reverse-click (Use the OTHER mouse button) on the file, then
select "Properties".  This should show the DOS command that the file
attempts to execute.  Perhaps a command to delete ALL files from your
hard disk?  (It has been done before!)  An audio file would NOT be a .PIF
file!
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---