[JA] search 'phrase' syntax [was: ... effective search techniques]

  • From: Julian B Hilaire <jbh1492@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:15:14 EST

Actually I can't figure out if I'm even getting the syntax right.

If I just want to search for "these three words", I know that's
"q=these+three+words".  Anything beyond that is a problem.  For example:
"these +three words", may (or may not) be "q=these++three+words".  (It
probably isn't.)

(I should have used single quotes earlier (Heck, maybe I should go back
and change the 'second' paragraph?))

I'm afraid to guess at what the phrase '"these three words"' should be.
(The 'q=%22these%32three%32words%22' didn't do it. (Unless, well, this
time I guessed right, and the other times I guessed something else.))

I'm going to reread that wwsearch.zip thing over at expedia, if I can
find the right address.  (It most definitely isn't www.expedia.com :-)

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org