[JA] Re: importing a message saved as a text file? [was: message statuses]

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:51:39 PDT

}Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:35:08 EDT
}Subject: [JA] importing a message saved as a text file? [was: message
statuses]
}From: George J Kamenz
}
}I would like more details on how to import a message saved as a text
}file.
}
}Just to make sure, I, just now, saved a message as a text file
}(File->save message as Text file (aka <ctrl>t)), and tried to import a
}folder.
}
}It wouldn't let me.  The exact text wasn't "Can't import. That isn't a
}folder," but it was close.  (I've had the problem forever :-)
}

        A message saved as a t[e]xt file is not a folder.  Try the
"Insert text file into message..." function.

It can be converted to a folder:

        If the "From: " header is not at the top, move it there.
        Duplicate the "From: " header.
        Remove the ':' from the TOP "From: "
        If any non-header lines start with "from " (ANY CASE!) then
insert a '>' at the beginning of the line.

        That is all!

        You can append these together to make a juno version 1 folder,
that ALL versions of juno can import!
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---