[JA] editing hybrid files [was: message statuses]

  • From: Julian B Hilaire <jbh1492@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:38:35 EDT

If the entire status is a text string, the usual way is to use a hex
editor to change "read" into "new ".  Preserving the length of the line.
One can't easily edit in a longer string.  So what one does is process
the message to get a long enough status value and replace it with the
desired value.  Each change is a time consuming undertaking.