[JA] deleting viruses unopened [was: empty message first]

  • From: "J. Random User" <jamu007@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:16:25 EDT

If a safe message is currently selected and you have the control key
pressed when selecting another message, the second message remains
entirely unopened.  If you keep selecting suspect messages *while *having
the *control key *pressed, none of the suspect messages is opened even
partially.

Then delete them all.  Safe deletion of viruses undertaken.  Yippy?

Look, friends, I don't really know how to say it.  But, the Dr. needs to
know.

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:56:46 -0500 "Robert M. Cosby" <jvpoa@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> I fail to see how this could protect against getting viruses.  I
> understand you cannot get a virus from opening a plain text message
> such as we receive through Juno, and we cannot avoid opening any
> Juno messages anyway [...]

See.  Did you read that?!?   Come on, someone just has to explain it
better.