[JA] Re: Why are you fooling with Juno?

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:43:58 -0800

Would you mind giving a short tutorial on how to use Hotmail's http:mail
server to send to Yahoo, Juno, etc.? Include, please:
1. Do you set a "reply to" in your email client so the reply does not go
back to your hotmail account?
2. Do these messages get into your hotmail account and then count against
your 1 MB or whatever slim amount they allow for a free account?

As I see it, the advantage of doing this is that you need not have or use
SMPT from your ISP. This gives only a moderate measure of additional
privacy as I understand Hotmail logs your IP when you use their services.
Are there any disadvantages?

TIA, thepccat

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:04:32 -0800 "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx> writes:
[...]
> truth for me.  I'm writing this in Outlook Express after initially
> "previewing" it and my other Juno mail in PopPeeper.  But then I do
> the
> same thing with Yahoo accounts.  Preview in PopPeeper, kill the spam,
> Reply using Outlook Express sending out using Hotmail's http: mail
> server as a substitute for Yahoo's SMTP which they won't let free
> accounts use anymore.
[...]