[JA] Re: Why are you fooling with Juno?

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:04:32 -0800

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 Linda WJ <pettey-admin@xxxxxxxx> asks:

From George:

From:  rsgilmore
> > now pay $10 for a "real" ISP.

>If you guys have other ISPs, why are you fooling with Juno?

Hi Linda, and All,

Well, me and Juno go "way back" for one...  and I've always had a soft
spot for their "simple" software...  Read, Write...  my kind of stuff.
But today, Juno is part of my particular e-mail picture.  I've always
found having multiple accounts with them and other providers a very
simple way to keep things in there place.  Downloading personal mail
here, newsletters there, mailing lists here, computer tips there.  But I
must confess that as the years go by (and we're talking 7+), I find
myself straying further and further from Juno.

I don't use Juno as an ISP except on very rare occasions.  Only for
e-mail.  Well, probably for the e-mail accounts would be closer to the
truth for me.  I'm writing this in Outlook Express after initially
"previewing" it and my other Juno mail in PopPeeper.  But then I do the
same thing with Yahoo accounts.  Preview in PopPeeper, kill the spam,
Reply using Outlook Express sending out using Hotmail's http: mail
server as a substitute for Yahoo's SMTP which they won't let free
accounts use anymore.

If Juno hadn't given up the software path they were on and had kept up
with the times, keeping my mail safer, my computer safer, improving
their Mail Assistants just a bit more, etc., etc. I'd still be using it
daily.  And as much as I may be on one end of the e-mail spectrum, we
have people on this list that have stuck with v1.49 for years and years.
Yet when they open Juno, they're pretty much looking at the same
software that I do when I open v5.0.33...  good ol'  Read, Write and
that's a lot of simplicity and commonality that's kept me hanging
around.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.