[JA] Re: Why are you fooling with Juno?

  • From: rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:28:36 -0500

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 Linda WJ <pettey-admin@xxxxxxxx> asks:
> >If you guys have other ISPs, why are you fooling with Juno?

Yeah.. what George said...
Plus, the inherent resistance to lots of virus bugs...

Like you, I've left this addy in too many "old" places -- fortunately,
the spam level is tolerable (knock-on-wood).
I use other addys for work-mail, SIG, et al., and other "throwaway" addys
for subs, etc,  especially where harvesters are rampant --
Y!Groups comes to mind...

My current approach includes taking advantage of those "extra" addys
offered by ISP.. say, Earthlink... and mail-forwarding feature to a
"real" mailbox..
when the  "junk name" starts getting overly-hammered, it's time to change
the mailing-list pointer to a new "junk name", and go...

Extra feature -- big-dog ISP's generally have customizable mail-filters;
nice to be able to block jerks (and/or whole domains !) as needed, before
the forward-function kicks in...

Re: PP --  have ePrompter here..  It will handle 16 accounts;  I use it
mainly to "peek" & alert for new items in seldom-used boxes, tho it will
allow marking a mail item for deletion, and do so on the next pass-thru
--  Real time-saver when POPping those mails...

The Sanity -vs- Spam problem is a balancing act;  no single answer fits
all -- you have to decide for yourself how much effort you're willing to
exert.