[JA] Re: What it means

  • From: rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:09:32 -0400

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:33:40 -0700 Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
> I found this in the Juno 4 Help files.  I understand the part about
> installing Dial-Up Networking, but what's the rest for?  Is for
> folks on a Network?

Yes -and- no... simply stated, that's the guts (TCP/IP)  of what your
system needs to communicate with the outside world; in the case of the
Internet, it's a HUGE network, with lots of servers...  OK?

Note: security item -- while you're mucking about in those network
protocols, look for the NetBUI boxes; MS turns that connectoid on by
default, and your single at-home machine doesn't need it...  it's a
Trojan favorite.
Read=all=about=it at  http://www.grc.com/  and take the "test", then go
get the free ZoneAlarm firewall.

R Scott Gilmore  Saginaw   MI  USA
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! - Ben Franklin -1759