[JA] Re: Repeated loss of access to large email files

  • From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 01:28:59 -0500

I still have this question - How did you get 3500 emails in one folder.
You say that Juno never warned you about how many files you could
store, but my V4 Juno cuts me off within a few of 1000.

I think that J1.49 saved messages in a pure text format so that you
could access them with any word processor/text editor.  Unfortunately,
it would be tough to find an individual message in the massive file.
A word processor, though, could be used to search for a particular
date or subject, etc.  Possibly the pure text file could be split up
using the word processor so each segment would be small enough
to be imported into Juno without blowing up.

It would make sense to me for you to create several additional folders
to save your messages in so that your 2 folders would not get so
huge and unmanagable.  How about Inbox2, Inbox3, etc. or January,
February, etc. or Subject1, Subject2, etc.

Are you sure of Andrew's capabilities?  I am not doubting this, but it
seems that he should have been able to help your situation somewhat.

If you pull the plug on Juno every 6 month and start over how do you
expect to have access to the old Juno files??

Which version of Juno yielded the 17 folders you spoke of previously?

I plead ignorance to Juno 5.  I originally installed it and did not like
all the internet involvement, so I went back to J4.

Don Elias
+