[JA] Re: New Juno "Beta" Webmail site...

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:05:42 -0700

OK. This explains why they allow 10 MB on the webmail server. With this
setup they do not allow the choice of leaving the email on the Juno
[software connection] server, as was the case in prior versions. The Juno
server (I guess) mirrors what is in the WebMail inbox. Since our quota on
the Juno server is 8 MB (or whatever depending on their whims), allowing
10 MB on the WebMail server keeps the house of cards from falling down.

Thanks for the info,
thepccat

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:46:37 -0700 George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx> writes:
 Hi All,
[...]If you plan  to
 use the Juno "beta" webmail site, you'll probably want to pay
 particular
 attention to #5 as it explains how to keep mail you've downloaded on
 the
 web at the new "beta" site available for download through the Juno
 mail
 software. [...]
 5.  How can I leave e-mail on the server so that I can download it
 later
 using my Juno software?

 E-mail left in your Inbox will remain on the server and will be
 available
 to be downloaded the next time you check your e-mail using the Juno
 software.  If you delete any messages from your Inbox while using Web
 Mail
 or place them in a folder on the Web Mail system, they won't remain
 on
 the
 server.  Deleted messages are permanently deleted. Messages placed in
 folders will remain accessible to you through the Web Mail system.