[JA] New Juno "Beta" Webmail site...

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:46:37 -0700

Hi All,

I sent off some Feedback to Juno about the new "beta" webmail site and
received a "canned" response that included these FAQs... if you plan to
use the Juno "beta" webmail site, you'll probably want to pay particular
attention to #5 as it explains how to keep mail you've downloaded on the
web at the new "beta" site available for download through the Juno mail
software.

++++++
Frequently Asked Questions

1.  Will the new system affect the way I read and write e-mail using the
Juno software?

No.  Web Mail is a system you can use to read and write e-mail when you
don't have access to a computer with the Juno software.  You can continue
to use the Juno software to read and write e-mail as you normally do.

2.  Does I have to be connected to the Web to read and write e-mail?

No.  You can continue to read and write e-mail through the Juno software
without tying up your phone line or being connected to the Web.

3.  How do I access mail or addresses I have stored in the old system?

All information stored on the old system is still available to you.  Just
go to http://webmail.juno.com/ to access it.

4.  Can I transfer stored addresses or e-mail to the new system?

This isn't currently possible; for now, you can continue to access this
information from the old system.

5.  How can I leave e-mail on the server so that I can download it later
using my Juno software?

E-mail left in your Inbox will remain on the server and will be available
to be downloaded the next time you check your e-mail using the Juno
software.  If you delete any messages from your Inbox while using Web
Mail
or place them in a folder on the Web Mail system, they won't remain on
the
server.  Deleted messages are permanently deleted. Messages placed in
folders will remain accessible to you through the Web Mail system.
++++++

George Lunt ..... so. cal.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org