[JA] "Never Dial" in IE

  • From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:10:50 -0700

Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:15:30 -0400
Subject: [JA] Writing in an Offline Browser
From: jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx

>JH> I opened MSIE by its own icon and changed from
>> "Dial whenever an Internet connection is not present"  to  "Never."

Good theory, but as it turned out, the DUN window didn't wait a minute or
a whole second and, though Outlook Express is installed in this machine,
I didn't start it, and its option is not what was set to call
automatically.  Instead it was an option in IE.  How this IE option came
to be set this way, I don't know.  Perhaps that's the Win98 4.10.98
default, or perhaps Juno or some other program set it, but once I changed
it in IE, IE was no longer begging to connect.

If Jim and George are talking about the IE option to "never dial"....if
you select that, you get a window that says IE can't connect.  And you
can't get on the web until you go in and change the option.

This is exactly what happens to me every once in a while and I can't
figure out WHAT is triggering it...I THINK it hapens when I am in another
Juno account, and try to go onto the web, and since I am set up in IE to
dial up with this account, it screws things up.

In any event, when I spoke to Juno about it, they suggested reloading the
program to see if that helped.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org