[JA] May need to upgrade from Win 3.1 / Juno 1.49

  • From: David Ames <worldrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 05:37:02 EDT

If I'm not going to be able to use E-mail for free with Juno, then
apparently I will have to use NetZero, or choose some paid service.  So
far as I know, I can't get other services while running Win 3.1, so I may
need to get  a hard drive with some other Windows version installed.

So my question is  this:  how do I determine the compatibility of
available hard drives with my Pentium-60?  I believe I have something
like 60MB.  I wouldn't want to buy a 20GB drive and find out that it's
not compatible.

Incidentally, I have a grammatical nicety to offer.  I noted a posting
that said "... to whomever ..." which is, taken by itself, correct.
However, "whomever" was the subject of a verb and ought to have been
"whoever."  (My twelfth-grade English teacher was quite emphatic that a
word cannot be both subject and object simultaneously.)  I observe that
there are a bunch of pretty literate people on this list, and perhaps
this note will be profitable.

David Ames
------
"Never climb stairs one and a half at a time."