[JA] Re: Keeping your name out of archived messages

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:09:00 PST

}Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:55:33 -0800
}Subject: [JA] Re: Keeping your name out of archived messages
}From: Nicole Anderson
}
}On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:26:45 -0800 Babette C Bloch <****@****.com>
}writes:
}

... Quote removed, but look at the above edited attribution! ...

}This is just one of the reasons I never participate in voting polls.
When
}the polls close and the results are published, the complete email
address
}of who voted and for what are revealed also. I don't like that.
}

        If properly set up, then what you voted for should NOT have been
published.  Total votes for what, and PERHAPS a list of voters (best not)
yes.  But HOW EACH VOTED?  NO!

}
}
}> In the interests of protecting one another, let's start removing
return
}> EMail addresses when we quote another message.
}
}
}Babette, if I'm understanding you correctly you are talking about just
}the return addresses, not the actual person, am I right? I get a bit
}confused by this, some people get annoyed when someone is replying to
the
}list/forum/board/whatever and they don't identify who said what.
}-Nicole-
}

        See the edited line near the top.  THAT is what she was referring
to.
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---