[JA] Re: Juno vs. NetZero

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:35:38 EST

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:09:25 UTC, Dan Cone wrote:

> I am thinking of jumping isp?s and was wondering if you all could
> take a moment and tell me why you choose Juno and not NetZero
> since I believe that the cost is the same and both are put out by
> the same company. Is the $10 plan ?all you can eat? so to speak,
> do you get disconnected much or any other problems that would
> inhibit you from recommending this ISP.

Well, technically, it is, although there are probably limits above
which even Platinum users get cut off... neither my father (mother
owns the machine) or I have ever encountered them, mostly because
we'd tire out naturally first.  :-)

We tend to be disconnected on the first attempt approximately 30-40
percent of the time, but that isn't enough to discourage us from
recommending Juno; however, since the version we use, 4.0.11, is no
longer readily available (from the company; people on this list can
show you where to find a copy thereof), we can't really do it
anyway.  We used to use NZ before they acquired Juno, and had a much
lower opinion of it at the time, because at the time it only had Web
while Juno only had mail; nowadays we stick with Juno because it
does everything we want to do including offline mail if desired (see
Jim Henderson), which the last time I looked NZ doesn't.

--
BOB in jersey at Juno dot com