[JA] Juno is verifying your email folders

  • From: "mstanek3@xxxxxxxx" <mstanek3@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:09:45 GMT

Greetings,

i'm glad to have found this group.  i've been a contented Juno member since
1999.  everything was great until i got the dreaded "Juno is verifying your
email folders" error.  i got that after my Juno 5.0 (Build 33) froze, then
wouldn't respond to being shut down.  this happened shortly after i had run an
folders before, but i couldn't find an email and thought i may have mis-filed
it.  upon leaving the advanced search section, i may have viewed an old email
that may have contained a virus.  Juno froze on an email, but now i can't
remember which it was.  in any case, i clicked another email, and then another,
but the same email remained in the screen.

a contributing factor - from what i've heard since - was having far too many
emails, (in many, many folders) with a particularly high concentration of in
the Inbox. (around 10,000)  i wish Juno had warned me about that.  i also wish
Juno had reminded me to use their back-up feature.  i thought i was a Juno
wizard and here i'd never heard of that.  how easy would it be for Juno to send
a periodic care & maintenance reminder to their members?

i'm hoping to recover these emails, re-file them, and then proceed on better
footing, but before trying stuff, i want to learn more about Juno.

i was disappointed to find http://www.junoaccmail.org/ to be defunct, and hope
that some of you will have some of the resources that used to be there.  in the
BIG SIG i received upon subscribing, an index for  Juno_accmail was offered,
from which one could get a "Juno_accmail List FAQ".  i am also interested in
Bob Appleton's EMAIL4U.

in off-list correspondence, George Lunt suggested "Gerry Boyd's site...  I
think it's http://www.expita.com for Bob A's stuff..."  that's an interesting
site indeed, but it doesn't appear to be  specific enough for me at this point.
 George offered to track down some of the stuff for me next week.  thank you,
George.

i hope i can reconstruct my folders as some of you have reported doing.  (i was
able to find archived messages through google.) but then i probably shouldn't
add any more to that gargantuan database file.  (my experience with Juno
technical support was on the whole, negative.  one young fellow wiped my Juno
clean, address book included, then assured me all was lost and that i should
upgrade to Juno 6.0!)

some questions that come to mind:

1.
what version of Juno is best? (least likely to crash, but with as many bells
and whistles as possible.)

2.
has someone created a consumer guide to the various versions?

3.
is it possible to run more than one version of Juno on the same computer?  (i'm
going to want to continue to use 5.0 in order to have access to all my old
email.)

thank you, kind strangers.

michael
in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois