[JA] Juno - Pop Mail

  • From: Linda WJ <pettey-admin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tags-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:24:45 -0800

Hi,

After joining this list I found out Juno now offers "pop" mail service.
When did that happen?  How did people find out about it?  I've never
received notification of any kind.  I've been checking their web site
periodically to see if they were offering "pop" mail but even today when
I checked, the site still indicates they don't offer it.

From: http://www.juno.com/techsupport/preview/email/misc/smtp-pop3.html

"At this time, you cannot use other e-mail programs to get or send your
Juno e-mail. For this reason, Juno's POP3 and SMTP mail server addresses
are not available. You can, however, check your Juno e-mail messages from
any computer connected to the Web by logging on to Juno E-mail on the Web
at http://webmail.juno.com. You don't have to create a new account or
password to use Juno E-mail on the Web; just use the user name and
password for your existing Juno account."

What's the deal with this?

I also never received any word about Juno 6.0 being available either.
For some reason they apparently want you to continue to using their mail
reader.  I suppose because of the ads that pop up when you first start
Juno.  (I've always wondered if maybe they don't do some spying on you
besides.)

Is anyone using Juno 6.0?  Do they send you tons of ads?  (I sure get a
lot more on my free e-mail accounts than I do for the one address I pay
for.)  What e-mail software are people using?

Linda