[JA] Re: Juno 5 "Dial-up Connection"

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:24:38 -0700

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx writes:

>One thing does arouse my curiosity.  As soon as I sign on, up comes
>a window, in front of the main Juno window but behind the dialing
>window.  Header says "Dial-up Connection".  Three lines say "Select
>the service you want to connect to and then enter your user name
>and password."
..
>Below that is a list for ISPs and spaces for my name and password.
>I think this is DUN, but why

Hi Jim, and All,

That definitely sounds like the DUN connection is being called.  The Juno
browser is basically a "Mask" over Internet Explorer and it's probably
modified a feature in IE during installation.  Open IE and select *Tools,
Internet Options, Connections* and double check the radio buttons about
mid-window. They range from "Never..." to "Always..." dial a connection.
Changing these, probably having to go to the "Never" end of things,
should take care of your "popup".

George Lunt ..... so. cal.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org