[JA] Juno 5 "Dial-up Connection"

  • From: jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:58:44 -0400

I accidentally damaged Juno 4 last week and instead of re-installing it,
used the Juno 5 CD.  All went well,; my old messages didn't get lost and
some of the features are pleasant such as writing with different colors
and adding pictures, which of course don't work on this mailing list but
do elsewhere.  I miss the ability to enter a URL under the Web tab before
clicking the "Connect" button, but it's a small loss.

One thing does arouse my curiosity.  As soon as I sign on, up comes a
window, in front of the main Juno window but behind the dialing window.
Header says "Dial-up Connection".  Three lines say "Select the service
you want to connect to and then enter your user name and password."
Below that is a list for ISPs and spaces for my name and password.  I
think this is DUN, but why?  I didn't have this window coming up before,
not in Juno mail, Juno Web or NetZero Web.  I haven't used it, but just
connected via the usual Juno "Get and send mail" dialer.  When I hit X on
the window's upper right corner, it pops right back up again.  Any reason
why Juno 5 installed this? Can I make it go away?  Should I?

Juno 5 also installed Instant Messaging, a service which I despise, but I
was able to get rid of that.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org