[JA] How did it know?

  • From: bvcb@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:12:18 -0700

I wanted to uninstall and reinstall Juno 4.x in order to try to fix some
weird things that were going on.

When I tried to uninstall it via the Control Panel's "Add/Remove
Programs", it told me that Juno's Uninst.isu file was missing.  (How that
happened is an interesting, unsolved issue, but not important. Now I've
saved it along with my User Files backup.)

So, I moved the possibly faulty Juno folder to the Recycle Bin to hide
it, and Installed a new program, then uninstalled that to get all the
registry cleared, then installed it again.  When I opened the program, it
had the names of all my accounts showing, and they were listed in "Juno
System Information", (which you reach from the Program Menu via START.)

HOW did the new installation GET those account names and create User
Files for them?

Incidently, Juno is running just fine now.  Maybe some other files had
gotten mangled along with loss of Inst.isu.