[JA] Groaning under AVG

  • From: Rakenas@xxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:05:23 EST

Jim -

> >>.  You are running AOL 8, and have not indicated running a
> >>CD writer or other software that uses much HD working space, so a bigger
> >>hard drive is unlikely to fix anything unless you are running some greedy
> >>software that you haven't mentioned.

------

I think the problem is a "mere" 64 Mb of RAM. That's why I can't run AOL 9.0.
No, don't have a read/write CD.

> >Juno - didn't keep sent messages, didn't request
> >confirmation of deletes (so when ads slowed the
> >reaction down, I hit delete again and lost messages
>
> >>Too bad you didn't tell Juno to keep sent messages as I do.  Also too bad
> >>you didn't recover your lost messages from the Deleted Messages folder.

-----

That was when I first started using Juno. Before I found this group and found
out how to change the deleted folder to be visible. Which was exactly my
point - new users don't .know. these things, and I'm trying to find out before
starting to use  Firefox/Thunderbird.

Carolyn