[JA] Fw: Juno 5 User file identities

  • From: "Robert M. Cosby" <jvpoa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:04:44 -0500

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert M. Cosby <JVPOA@xxxxxxxx>
To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:17:54 -0500
Subject: Juno 5 User file identities

After I wrote, I discovered that J5 will take more than the 50 email
addresses and translate their aliases into the addresses themselves upon
hitting Send.  It won't send them, of course, but after you clear the
notice, you can then cut the addresses from the Send to box, and paste
them into Outlook Express for sending a larger quantity, if you have an
alternate email server.

The names on my 17 old J5 files, most of which I cannot identify or
access are ( the only one I do understand and am able to save and
reinstall is addrbook.nv):

get, put, addrbook.bak, addrbook.nv, dialprof.ovl, filterls.vbs,
filters.vbs, history, juno.ini, mailbox.at2, mailbox.atr, mailbox.bdb,
Pop3info, Pop3info.~, Uignore.tlx, filterls.vb~, and filters.vb~ .

I don't know which are "text files".  We can discuss J4 files another
day.  Those are also inaccessible.

Frankly, my experience with attempts at importing J files using their
Import File feature has been uniformly abysmal.  Once it imported
something from the wrong User folder and screwed things up, and several
times it said it imported the email, but showed nothing in the In box,
and then locked itself up saying for lack of "memory" (no such lack on my
computer's part).

Of course, as I may have mentioned.  I have twice lost 3,500+ messages in
In box alone, and similar in Sent mail, not to mention all drafts,
personal spell check data, etc.

BTW, why don't they get a better dictionary?  I have one the size of a
credit card which is far better than theirs, containing 80,000 words, and
use it to check Spell Check!

Thanks,
Bob C.