[JA] Bold Letters

  • From: James E Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:05:33 -0400

> Subject: [JA] Juno-web
> From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:06:16 EDT

CS> Personally, I'd prefer a monospaced font. Trouble is, the Courier
> available in this version of Windows (3.1) is rather faint and it's
> the only monospaced available.

CS>  My vision isn't the best these days - hard to believe I used to be
> able to read dates and mint marks on coins.

That's one of the nice things about Juno 4 and 5.  I'm running Juno 5
under Win 98, and have a couple dozen fonts, each in half a dozen sizes
or more, each with a few different display sizes.  Thus, I can have my
letters as bold as my eyes like.  For the most part, bold sans serif
words on my screen, but choice is the thing and sometimes I like to swap
fonts while reading.

> Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:37:43 -0500
> Subject: [JA] Re: Juno 5 User file identities
> From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>

DE> What I was trying to share is that most people have Word
> already and enough RAM to run it.  I, for one, don't have
> NoteTab Light so I would have to find, download, and install
> it which is more trouble than using my existing Word.

It is unfortunately true that many more people have Word than NoteTab
Light or any other freeware or shareware editor.  However, "most" would
be an exaggeration, while "most" would not be an exaggeration for Wordpad
since it's an option in installing Windows.  Since it's an option which
most computer manufacturers take, your computer probably came with both
Wordpad and Notepad already working.  Where it isn't working, use the
"Add New Programs" icon to add it.  No need to find, buy or download
anything.

DE> Also, I am familiar with Word's editing features so I would
> not have to learn a new program.  I question if Anything
> Light would have the features of Word.

Word is indeed heavy software, with many features relevant to only a few
users, making it difficult or impossible to master thoroughly.  Wordpad,
however, is pretty much a very lightweight version of Word.  For those
things Wordpad can do, Word users already know how to make it do them.