[juneau-lug] Re: Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft

  • From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:52:30 -0800

On Saturday 28 October 2006 13:54, deadcats wrote:
> Scratch "logo." I meant icon.
> -dc
>
> On 10/28/06, deadcats <deadcats@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Still Firefox, albeit with the Firefox logo. It appears Canonical decided
> > against rebranding. Version 2.0
> >
> > -dc

Apparently Mozilla feels that Ubuntu are good guys.

I am surprised by the amount of emotion going into this 'debate' - it seems
pretty straight forward to me.  If you modify FireFox you can't use the
FireFox logo and use the "community edition" name.  There are lots of FF
Community Editions out there.

But then again, it must not be exactly that clear cut.  As I understand it
Ubuntu shouldn't be able to use FireFox either, but they do.

Here's an interesting take on it:

http://web.glandium.org/blog/?p=99