[jhb] Re: Track IR for free

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:17:01 -0000

Track IR accepts that people don't always sit upright or straight. When you
first start calibration you are asked to sit in your normal position and
posture, then press the reset button which then records that position as the
baseline for further calibration.

Track IR calibration is quite complex and it can take a while before tuning
settings to your own satisfaction. Initial calibration may seem good on the
first session but the brain has already started adjusting to the system in
that it compensates for unusual or excessive movement. When you start a
second session the brain is starting from scratch again and the settings can
often feel very wrong. Ideally you need to tweak gradually over several FS
sessions until head movement feels correct right at the start of a session.