[jhb] Re: ROUTES

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:10:28 +0000

I forgot to add that the landing was very enjoyable, since it was in FSX, not RW. With RW weather it was cloud down to 1000' and driving snow!

Gerry Winskill

On 29/01/2015 16:48, Gerry Winskill wrote:
A short 250nm hop today. No sooner at cruise alt than descent commences.

NANCY   yo   KASSEL

If you use the decent third party scenery do remember to place the
separate EDVK_ALT.bgl into FSX ROOT\SCENERY\WORLD\SCENERY. Otherwise
runway and taxiways sit up on causeways.

Gerry Winskill

On 28/01/2015 19:28, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Wednesday's route was

PRESTWICK   to   METZ-NANCY

Very poor third party Metz.

Gerry Winskill

On 27/01/2015 19:32, Gerry Winskill wrote:
A comfortable 560nm today from

PARIS ORLY   to   PRESTWICK

Gerry Winskill

On 26/01/2015 16:35, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Today's was 900nm, from

LISBON   to   PARIS ORLY

Unfortunately we're stuck with a Default airport but it's better than
usual. Landing in low cloud and rain. Lovely.

Gerry Winskill

On 23/01/2015 13:46, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Today's was shorter at "only" 900nm, from

TENERIFFE SOUTH   to   LISBON.

Only a Default airfield I'm afraid but overflying the city of Lisbon
shows it quite like real life.

Gerry Winskill

On 22/01/2015 19:01, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Today's route is longer than average, at 1500nm, from

JERSEY   to   TENERIFFE SOUTH

On arrival it was clear that FSX's USA designers hadn't travelled
much.
The site of Teneriffe's mountainous ground covered in snow was
ever so
slightly bizarre!

Gerry Winskill

On 21/01/2015 16:24, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Yesterday's route was another long one, at 1100nm, from

TALLINN   to   GLASGOW

A word of warning at the Tallin end. The download includes a .bgl
aimed
at FSX ROOT / SCENERY / WORLD / SCENERY. Ignore it as it renders
buildings and runways invisible. Somewhere shorter tomorrow

GLASGOW   to   JERSEY

Gerry Winskill

On 20/01/2015 14:45, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Yesterday the route, longish at 1130nm, was

BRISTOL   to   TALLINN Estonia

Gerry Winskill

On 17/01/2015 21:53, Gerry Winskill wrote:
I think I forgot to post my yesterday's route

BERLIN     to    BRISTOL

Gerry Winskill

On 15/01/2015 15:58, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Second lig of the day, in windy conditions, was

HAMBURG   to   BERLIN Schoenfeld

Gerry Winskill

On 15/01/2015 12:47, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Today's route proved to have a gotyer!

EDINBURGH   to   HAMBURG Finkenwerder

Landed OK but the entire gubbins disappeared, whilst taxiing in.
I'll
reposition to nearby Hamburg for the next leg. Since it's not
possible
to go out for a walk in today's wind, I'll fit in a second leg.

Gerry Winskill

On 13/01/2015 17:05, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Tuesday flight was 580 nm, from

FINDEL   to   EDINBURGH

On 12/01/2015 17:25, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Resumed flying today, from

NEWCASTLE   to   LUXEMBOURG FINDEL.

In default FSX textures there was snow on the runway. Very
realistic.

Gerry Winskill

On 09/01/2015 17:42, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Friday flight was

ANTWERP   to   NEWCASTLE

Gerry Winskill

On 08/01/2015 19:21, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Thursday's flight, with 110mph tailwind, was 530 miles from

BELFAST CITY   to   ANTWERP

Gerry Winskill

On 07/01/2015 14:38, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Just departed on today's flight. 830nm from

MUNICH   to   BELFAST CITY

The weather looks dodgy at both ends.

Gerry Winskill

On 07/01/2015 12:54, Gerry Winskill wrote:
The route for 8th was 710 miles from

STAVANGER   to   MUNICH

Gerry Winskill

On 05/01/2015 15:25, Gerry Winskill wrote:
And yesterday was

ALDERGROVE   to   STAVANGER,  Norway

Gerry Winskill

On 04/01/2015 12:54, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Second of the year was 720nm from

STRASBOURG   to   ALDERGROVE

Gerry Winskill

On 01/01/2015 19:37, Gerry Winskill wrote:
First of the year was a 780nm flight from

SHANNON   to   STRASBOURG

Gerry Winskill

On 01/01/2015 12:08, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Happy New Year to all out there!

New Year's Eve flight, of 620nm, was

MAASTRICHT  to  SHANNON

Gerry Winskill

On 30/12/2014 11:35, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Yesterday's flight was 650nm, and was

KIRKWALL   to   MAASTRICHT

Gerry Winskill

On 29/12/2014 11:13, Gerry Winskill wrote:
Hi Peter,

I would think your two aircraft should have enough
range,
as I
try
not
to exceed about 1100 miles.

Tackle it another way, do you have the maximum
listed
ranges
for
them? I
could then make routes that they can manage.

Gerry Winskill

On 29/12/2014 09:02, Peter Dodds wrote:
Can these all be flown in a Twin Otter or a Beech
1900?
Some of
the
distances
are a bit long for the Twotter, I'd have thought,
but
I'd
prefer
to do
a tour
like this in one aircraft.  After Christmas is
properly
over
I'll
try
and make a
start, but I will only have time for one a week at
most.

Peter

Gerry Winskill <mailto:gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
28 December 2014 16:01
Back on the job today, with a flight from

RONALDSWAY    to    KIRKWALL

Gerry Winskill

---
antivirus
software.

Gerry Winskill <mailto:gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
24 December 2014 12:35
Last flight, in the Gulfstream, before Christmas,
was

PORTO   to   RONALDSWAY

Over Christmas I'll revert to UK VFR flying.

Meanwhile, a Very Merry Christmas to you lot
and to
your
Hangars on

Regards,

Gerry Winskill

---
antivirus
software.

Gerry Winskill <mailto:gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
22 December 2014 20:49
Carrying on with the bizjet equivalent of a tramp
steamer,
just
landed from

GIBRALTAR   to   PORTO