[jhb] Re: IVAO Tonight

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:26:38 +0000

Another thing that surprised me was the lack of backwards compatibillity, between gauges. When trying to use an aircraft from my FSX folder, with panel I'd modified, many gauges failed to appear. There's a slight difference, for example, between the cab gauge for the Lear, some of which I've used in mods. Even though the FSX version is in its panel folder, they don't show up in FS9. Weird.

Mike Lucas wrote:

I had a much more positive experience in France this evening from Metz to Pau. Full ATC cover from LFJL_TWR, APP, then Reims, Paris and Bordeaux CTRs. The latter very kindly stayed online for me after LFBP_APP and TWR closed down and there were no other aircraft in his FIR. Only problems were that use of English was not much in evidence, and such as there was had an impenetrable accent, and the transmissions were very prone to breaking up. But otherwise a very pleasant session. Also tried the iFDG A320 for the first time - rather nice.

Mike L

Gerry Winskill wrote:

On tonight's flight form Stavanger to Ronaldsway I had only London Ctrl to contact. Seems his voice setup wasn't working since we all had text contact only. As if that wasn't enough he still had me at FL70 with 7 miles to run. No response to prompt on level so I requested IFR be cancelled. No response until I reported Visual, at which point hre merely asked me to change to Unicom. No clearance to cancel VFR......

Off for a lie down.