[jhb] Re: ILS Problem

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:50:21 +0100

That's one of the odd things about this. Since the panel supplied with the Falcon looked as though it had been cobbled together by an ungifted woodwork pupil, I built one from scratch. The PFD and Autopilot gauge are both from the Default Lear 45. There's a significant weight difference between the two aircraft but I'd have thought the heavier Falcon would have dropped, rather than floated.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
On some aircraft, if the glideslope is close to full deflection, the AP
will not capture it. I remember vaguely that if either needle goes to
full deflection during a descent, you must go around, maybe someone has
put that into the gauge code.

Peter