[jhb] Re: Farmstrip Flights

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:09:08 +0100

Frank,

If you are using FSGlobal, rather than the more normally used, and more accurate, VFR Terrain, then that probably accounts for the tanks being in the water. If you have both enabled then the VFR Terrain, being more accurate, should over ride it. The commercial meshes aren't always snag free. I use FSGlobal in FSX, with VFR Terrain and don't get the tanks in sea effect in your shots. Prior to buying FSG I used FSTerrain, to cover areas outside the UK. Then it was found that mesh was responsible for horrendous bleedthrough, plus disappearing objects, in Glasgow Xtreme.

If you have AG disabled it's hard to see where the buildings and trees are coming from and I can't see any sign of the strip itself. Baffling.

Gerry Winskill

franklyn fisher wrote:

Gerry

I have AG disabled, GS UK2000 and FSGlobal.

Quite a few of the Large holding tanks are in the water, both at Grain and Essex.

Tried disabling GS's, will try again with FSG disabled.

BTW the sight distance for Essex apears wrong as well, can sight them from EGTO, then they disappear, then pop back at around 5 miles.

As an aside, I noticed that I have 2 millenium Domes in London's FSX scenery, one is in the Thames.

I find that FSGlobal gives me a world wide mesh, that appears close to the real thing. Easier that tracing down those obscure meshes.

Frank