[jhb] Re: FS Commander 9

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 12:31:53 +0100

From memory, the major changes were improved interface with ability to
handle XML files,
the inclusion the ability to set altitude restrictions within the flight
plan,
connectivity to Google Earth making it an alternative to Plan-G should you
wish, though why would you when Plan-G is free.<g>
Export the plan to the FMC of a few more aircraft types

I downloaded the original FS9 trial and although the interface is nicer in
some ways I am like you and never updated.  Having said that, I still use
FSC 8.6 on a regular basis though not exclusively,  I'll also use
routefinder online (http:/rfinder.asalink.net/free) for heavy metal routes
or plan-G for VFR.

Is it worth an additional £20?  A personal choice, not for me though  I paid
for FSC7 then again to upgrade to  FSC8 so I think they've had enough of my
money when I can do evrything I require without the additional features.

Paul